This activity involves tasting flavoured water to discover how a drink can be tasty without being sugary.
- Healthy eating knowledge
- Discovery of new foods
- Sensory exploration
- The tasting activity can be spread over several days, with one or two flavours per day. However, it is important to take the time to savour natural water in the same way.
- Prepare the waters with the youngsters and drink them the next hour.
- The youngsters can discuss their observations as a team.
- Get youth to discover an innovative way to drinking more tasteful water.
- To develop youth’s palate and culinary skills.
- Introduce youth to new foods.
- 4 pitchers (3 for flavoured water, 1 for plain water). If the pitchers are transparent, cover them with opaque pieces of cardboard so the campers can’t see the fruit inside (or pour the water in the glasses somewhere the campers can’t see)
- Herbs, fruits, and vegetables for the flavoured water (see note)
- 1 tasting sheet for each camper (see Appendix)
- A glass for each camper