This option is most similar to our previous PU workshop and is aimed at introducing counselors to key messages about Healthy Habits.
The workshop features a new educational approach that encourages the instructor to begin with a carefully selected game or activity. Next, the instructor leads an in-depth discussion on the experience and ties it back to Healthy Habits. Finally, the instructor can show a short video with key takeaways (on the day of the training session or as a reminder at specific moments throughout the summer).
The following eight themes are covered in this training session. You can select as many as you like. Ideally, choose ones that are related to your HH goal for the summer.
- Healthy eating: something everyone can enjoy!
- Eating balanced and varied meals.
- Lunchtime is meant to be fun!
- Physical activity in your programming!
- Physical activity starts with the basics.
- Physical activity is for everyone!
- Body diversity: beyond appearance.
- Inclusion at camp!