The campers will act as Water Bearers in an obstacle course relay race.
The goal is to spill as little as possible and fill a tub at the end of the course. The team with the most water in their tub at the end wins.
- Healthy eating knowledge
- Environmental knowledge
- Motor skills
- Increases the number of laps to be done on oneself.
- Ask the kids to do the course backwards.
- Increases the distance between stations.
- Adds more obstacles.
- Get bigger bins to fill.
- To respect Public Health recommendations: omit the spoon or make sure each camper has one.
- Raise awareness among youth that water is a precious resource and that it should not be wasted. Instead, it must be protected.
- Get youth active using the theme of water
- Pitchers of water or tap or other source of water nearby
- 2 long ropes to mark the course (e.g. skipping ropes)
- 3 small items to place on the spoons (e.g. balls)
- Glasses or small containers (1 per camper)
- 15 cones or water bottles
- 3 transparent tubs
- 3 spoons