Move and discover the principles of eco-responsible food. Help Peter the pepper to discover food in three ways. Do you know where avocado comes from? Does what you eat create waste? Apple or apple juice, which one is processed? This activity will help you answer these questions and many more!
- Healthy eating knowledge
- Motor skills
- Use fresh food or other images of food.
- Ask youth to locate the country of origin on a world map.
- Use a larger space and make more complex movements or a course.
- Have older youth lead the activity.
Create awareness among youth about recognizing whether a food is eco-responsible or not using the following three criteria: origin, waste production and food processing.
- Food cards with answers (Appendix)
- 3 colored objects (green, yellow, red) to delimit the zones (ex. hoops, cones)
Special thanks to Équiterre for contributing and proofreading the content of this document.
Special thanks to Loisirs Lebourgneuf, Relance des loisirs tout 9 and Club Gymnix for testing and approving this activity.